How to decipher the characters on the labels of clothing?
The signs on the product label give a lot of important and useful information. After all, with the help of them you can learn how to care for a purchased item, besides, find out the composition of the fabric, where and how any product was made. This information gives really a lot of useful information about things.
In this article we will understand what such mysterious signs on the product label mean, let's talk about the properties of the material, and most importantly, find out how to properly care for things, such as drying, ironing and washing.
What does the label say?
If you look at the label of clothing, then all this can cause horror. After all, it is a huge number of different incomprehensible, at first glance, signs. And many do not understand what to do about it. However, all these badges are necessary in order not to spoil the clothes, and so that it retains its original appearance. They provide the most basic and important information to properly care for the fabric. With proper care, clothing can last more than one year.
Consider what the clothing manufacturers are trying to tell us through the icons and letters on the clothing label:
- Information about the company that produced the item;
- Country of Origin;
- The rules for care are information about how to wash, dry and iron the thing, so that it serves for a long time;
- The size;
- Information about the fabric and its percentage content.
First, you need to figure out what the icons on the clothing label mean. Many are scared of them. In fact, there is nothing scary. There are about 30 such icons, and it will not be difficult to understand them. It is worth noting that they are generally accepted throughout the world, and therefore it is not so important whether a thing is Russian-made or not. In either case, these icons will be the same. There are 6 basic icons that mean what conditions are necessary to maintain quality. Consider them:
A wash mark is needed to understand which wash mode is best suited. After all, not all types of fabric suitable machine wash. For some fabrics it is allowed to use only manual. Also contains information about what temperature is permissible to use for things. With this information, you can easily find the right washing mode. So, we will consider each of these icons in more detail.
- A sign resembling a bowl of water indicates that any wash is suitable for the material, whether manual or automatic.
- The fact that only gentle hand wash is suitable for the fabric indicates a Bowl sign with a painted palm. It also indicates that it is better not to rub the fabric. And wash better at a temperature of 40 degrees.
- A crossed out bowl of water means that any type of washing is prohibited. Only dry cleaning is possible.
- Bowl with numbers means the maximum allowable temperature.
- The numbers in the bowl with the underscore indicate that the spin must be weak.
- A basin with a temperature mode and two underscores indicates that the washing mode must be delicate in autumn, and such a product cannot be squeezed even manually.
There is a huge amount of temperature regimes. Consider what types of fabric they fit.
30 degrees - This temperature mode is suitable for washing things made of artificial or synthetic fabric, or for washing down jackets.
40 degrees - This temperature is suitable for almost all textiles. If the item is very dirty, then it is recommended to soak it in the stain remover before washing. This temperature is ideal for washing colored things.
50 -60 degreesThis temperature mode is ideal for washing white and colored things from natural material.
90 degrees - it is boiling. This temperature mode is suitable for disinfection, they are recommended to wash diapers, clothes for newborns, as well as natural bedding.
Bleaching has to be used quite often when washing products. Consider what a bleaching icon might mean.
- If you can use bleach in the wash, then the label is a sign of the Triangle.
- If there is a sign of a crossed out triangle, then the use of bleaching is strictly prohibited.
- Triangle with letters CL. This icon indicates that the product can be bleached only with chlorine bleach, and this can only be done in cold water. Now this icon is quite difficult to meet, because its use was abandoned as early as 2014. However, it can be used on things that were purchased before 2014. If such a sign is crossed out, the use of chlorine bleach is prohibited.
- A triangle with lines inside, says that you can use oxygen bleach, but you can't use chlorine bleach.
Drying is also an important process in the care of things. But not everyone gives her due attention. And it is in vain. After all, with improper drying, the thing is as easy to spoil as with improper washing or bleaching. So, drying is indicated by a square.
- Square - it speaks of the natural drying, without the use of any special tools.
- The fact that it is better for a material to dry it vertically is indicated by a square and a vertical bar.
- A square with two vertical lines - it is better to dry vertically, and also without the use of spin.
- A square and a horizontal dash indicate that the item should only be dried in a horizontal position. Usually this rule is used for woolen things that have the property to change the size when improperly washed or dried.
- A diagonal dash in a square means that the product must not be dried in the sun. Such a sign suggests that in order to avoid light falling on the fabric, it is better to dry the thing only in the shade.
- If the material can be pressed or dried in a washing machine, then there will be a sign squares with a circle inside. When crossed out, drying or squeezing the product in a washing machine is prohibited.
- To be able to use the spin in the washing machine, but at a temperature of more than 60 degrees, should be a sign square with a circle and one point.
- Two points mean that it is allowed to dry and wring the product at a temperature not exceeding 80 degrees.
- A sign resembling a crossed out candy - indicates that the item is not allowed to be pressed manually, as this may harm the fibers of the fabric, which will spoil its original appearance.
From the right ironing things, will depend not only on how much it will look good, but also how long it will last. Every thing has a certain mode in which it can be ironed. Let's talk about this in more detail.
- That the thing can be ironed is indicated by the sign of the Iron. If it is crossed out, ironing is prohibited.
- A thing can be ironed on a certain mode, if the sign of an iron with a single point is indicated. With this sign, the temperature should not exceed 110 degrees. Steaming is also prohibited.
- With possible ironing with a temperature not exceeding 150 degrees, an iron with two points is indicated.
- If the permitted temperature is 200 degrees, then a three-dot iron sign will appear on the label.
- Iron and crossed steam from below shows that this thing is forbidden to steam.
It is possible not to focus on the Krug sign, since this information is necessary mainly to dry-cleaning workers in order to properly clean the product and not to harm the material. But let's talk about these signs.
- The fact that only dry reading of the material is allowed is said by the Circle.
- Circled circle indicates that dry cleaning is prohibited and is not suitable for this type of product.
- The circle and the letter A - this means that the cleaning is allowed to use any solution.
- The circle and the letter P - such a sign indicates that for cleaning it is permissible to use only chlorine and hydrocarbon solutions.
- Circle and letter F - it means you need to pay attention that the product can easily ignite and special cleaning of the fabric is necessary.
- Wet professional cleaning says Circle with the letter W.
In addition to the various icons on the product, which talk about how to properly care for him, on the clothes you can also find the letter code. This is the name of the fiber from which the product was made. With the help of these letters you can find out what the product was made of, as well as its useful properties.
AU - artificial fibers. Most often they are added to natural fabrics. They give things extra elasticity. It helps things better retain their original shape. This fiber also makes the fabric soft and pleasant.
CA is hemp fiber. Most often they are used together with flax. These are two fairly durable materials. Most often they are used for the manufacture of home textiles. Since this material is very durable and resistant to any impacts.
CO is cotton fiber. These fibers have several distinct advantages. First, this fabric heats well and does not electrify. Secondly, it absorbs moisture. But it also has a number of drawbacks, it quickly wears out, and, therefore, the life of cotton clothes is very short.
CU - copper-ammonia fibers. This fabric is very pleasant to the touch, it is smooth and delicate. And also very elastic. Most often it is used for knitwear. Also included in some carpets.
EL is elastane. Elastane is a synthetic fiber. It is added to various fabrics in order that the thing easily stretched, was very elastic, and also easily took the initial form. These materials are quite durable, and will last a long time. And also he always sits on the figure, because it easily takes on various forms.
HL - This is linen material, which also includes other fabrics. However, they can not be more than 5 percent.
LL - this value of letters means 100 percent flax. It should be noted that flax is a great fabric that has a huge number of advantages. In the winter in such clothes it will be warm, and in the summer it is cool. Also flax perfectly absorbs excess moisture and allows the skin to breathe. It is also very durable and will last more than one season. However, with improper care may sit down. Very often flax is used in the creation of home textiles and bed linen.
PL is a synthetic thread, quite often it is added to cotton and wool. This fabric is often used by designers, because when heated, it easily applies various forms and this allows you to create an individual design in clothes. However, it is necessary to wash it very carefully and carefully.
RA is a strong fiber made from nettle. It is very durable and at the same time pleasant to the body. Very often used in the creation of expensive clothes and denim products.
SE - silk. This fabric is considered one of the most expensive in the world, it is used to create the most beautiful and expensive clothes. Silk has several advantages, it allows the skin to breathe and also quickly absorbs water. It is warm in winter and cool in summer, it is also very pleasant to the touch. This fabric must be treated very carefully. Here only hand wash at 30 degrees is permissible. Also, silk cannot be rubbed or pressed. It is important to remember that this type of fabric must be ironed very carefully and carefully.
VI - viscose. Externally, this fabric is similar to silk, and its characteristics are cotton. This fabric is very well suited to different types of shapes, and has several advantages. For example, it absorbs water well and allows the skin to breathe.
So, we looked at the basic lettering on the clothing label. Of course, in reality there are many more. But these are the most common materials that are used quite often in the manufacture of clothing and other products.
Next to the label, you can find a small piece of fabric. Many people believe that it is needed for patches. However, this is not at all the case. In fact, with it you can learn a lot of information about the fabric. For this you need to conduct several tests. Consider each of them in more detail.
It is necessary to immerse the fabric for 30 minutes in a soapy solution, and then in a container with cold water. If the water is not stained, then this type of fabric does not shed, and it can be easily washed with other things.
First you need to measure the fabric and then put for 30 minutes in warm water. After that it is necessary that the fabric dried. Then you should measure it. If the fabric is smaller - it can sit down after washing, if it remains the same, then this means that you have nothing to worry about.
On this piece of cloth is also worth trying powder or other detergents. To see how the fabric will behave.
So, in this article the basic values on product labels were considered. In order for things to serve as far as possible, and with him there were no unforeseen situations that occur often enough. For example, when washing shed things, or a thing of the village. All this happens very often, and in such cases it is almost impossible to correct what happened. But all this can be very easily and simply avoided. After all, it is enough to look at the label of clothes and understand how to care for this or that product.
Also, it often happens that people see the icons on the product label, but they still wash, dry or iron the thing at their discretion, without paying any attention to the icons. So you can not do. Because the icons on the labels of things are not just. After all, the manufacturer to ensure that things serve as much as possible, and the buyer must be satisfied. Therefore, in order that the thing does not lose its appearance after washing and was suitable for further use, you should pay attention to the icons that are listed on the label. So you definitely do not spoil soybean things, and they will serve you for a very long time.
In order to be sure exactly how this or that thing will behave after washing, it is not always enough to indicate on the label. But in this case, pieces of fabric that come with the item will come to the rescue. Если вы хотите, чтобы вещь сохраняла свой первоначальный вид как можно дольше, а также радовала вас не один сезон, то необходимо проделать тесты, которые указаны выше. Это поможет сохранить вещь в идеальном состоянии и избежать непредвиденных ситуаций.
Итак, необходимо еще раз отметить, что при стирке вещи стоит обязательно посмотреть на ярлык. Where is all the necessary information that will help avoid further problems with the operation. And if you follow these simple rules, the thing will please with its ideal views for a long time.