In the role of practical decoration of many apartments are carpets.
During operation, they become dirty and absorb unpleasant odors. Even a new carpet can upset the presence of persistent chemical aroma.
To cope with the problem is easy.
What unpleasant odors are most common on carpets
Before you begin cleaning the carpet, determine what is the source of the unpleasant smell.
Often only purchased products smell like chemistry. This is due to the quality of the materials from which they are made.
The reason for the unpleasant smell is various contaminants that appeared on the carpet during the operation - remnants of food and beverages that accidentally fell on the floor, urine of domestic animals or the youngest family members. Trouble and tobacco smoke ingrained in the floor. Badly dried products get the unpleasant smell of dampness and mildew.
If any liquid spills onto the carpet, remove it immediately, without waiting for it to absorb and dry.
Ways to get rid of carpet odors
Virtually every kind of smell emanating from a carpet requires an individual approach. When trying to remove it, do not rely on essential oils, air fresheners, perfumes and deodorants, as they can make the stench just unbearable.
How to remove the smell of a new carpet
If the product is only purchased, the reason for the smell can be:
- special chemical treatment of the coating used to improve its performance;
- the presence of rubberized, latex or glue base.
Usually the pungent odor erodes by itself within a week. Quickly cope with this problem will help regular airing of the room.
The smell of a new carpet goes off after about a week of using the product.
Moisture and mold odor removal methods
After excessive moistening of carpets, a musty smell sometimes appears. Its cause is fungi that breed in pile products. More prone to this coating of natural materials.
Mold on the carpet can cause various diseases.
You can cope with the problem by drying the carpet. But do not post it in the sun: under the influence of direct rays burn paint. Then knock out the carpet and roll it out with a special lamp.
Bactericidal lamp will help disinfect the air in the room
Using the services of dry cleaning, you can order additional processing of the carpet with specialized means. They prevent the occurrence of fungus.
For quick drying of wet areas, use a hair dryer.
If urine gets on the carpet
In this case, cleaning the product will help:
- hydrogen peroxide;
- a solution consisting of 300 ml of water and 100 ml of 9% vinegar.
- Blot the stain with a paper napkin, apply vinegar to it.
- After drying, sprinkle it with soda and add peroxide to the pollution (100 ml per cup of water).
- After two or three hours, clean the stain with a damp, clean cloth or a washing vacuum cleaner.
- Dry the carpet thoroughly.
- Air the room.
Soda and vinegar - a universal way to clean carpets from various types of dirt
When using hydrogen peroxide, be careful, because it can discolor dyed carpet fibers. Before applying the product, test its effect on the inconspicuous area of the product.
Vinegar and soda can be used in another way. It is suitable for getting rid of not only the smell of urine, but also various contaminants.
When working with these tools is recommended to use rubber gloves and a protective mask.
For work you will need 1 tbsp. spoon of soda, washing powder (or other detergent), 9 percent vinegar.
- Ingredients Dilute 1 L of warm water in a three-liter container.
- Remove dust from the carpet using a vacuum cleaner.
- Spray the resulting composition on contaminated sites and leave for 5 minutes.
- Clean the carpet with a soft brush.
- Wipe damp areas with a white cloth, cleaning the solution and removing dirt. Use a damp cloth first and then a dry cloth.
- Dry the product.
How to clean a carpet with soda, vinegar and laundry detergent - video
If beer gets on the carpet
The yeast flavor characteristic of this drink is removed as follows:
- Put a tissue on the stain to absorb moisture.
- Clean the stain with a clean damp cloth. Instead of ordinary water, you can use a soap solution.
- Dry the carpet well. You can speed up the process with a fan.
- After completing the procedure, ventilate the room. Gradually beer aroma will disappear by itself.
The method is also suitable for removing the smell of milk from the carpet.
Beer spilled on the carpet, leaves behind a persistent and unpleasant smell
How to get rid of the smell of vomiting
Soap and soda will help to cope with the problem.
- Remove vomit from the product.
- Use a soap solution to wash the stain. You can also pour a slurry of soda and water on it and leave it for 10-15 minutes. This substance absorbs unpleasant odors.
- Rinse off detergent with water. Try not to overwork the carpet.
- Dry the product.
It is not recommended to use soda for cleaning silk carpets.
How to clean soda carpet - video
If the carpet has acquired an unpleasant smell of fish, kitchen salt, soap and acetic solutions will help to cope with the problem. You can use and special means of industrial production, intended for cleaning carpets.
Salt absorbs aromas, therefore it effectively removes the smell of fish from the carpet
Use of industrial tools
You can cope with unpleasant smells and pollution with the help of special tools.
- Nature's Miracle Stain and Odor Remover, ORANGE-OXY, Bio-GM, Dezosan, an active detergent Kiehl-Omni-fresh.
- For wet cleaning suitable universal drug Break Down, in which there are enzymes. With it, you can get rid of the smell of tobacco.
- You can cope with serious pollution using shampoos Drop Vox, 5+ carpets, Vanish. They are whipped into a foam, put on contaminated surfaces, and after complete drying they are removed with a vacuum cleaner. They eliminate odors, various contaminants, disinfect surfaces and are suitable for use in washing vacuum cleaners.
- Powders Udalix Ultra and Vanish are also effective. In their composition there is oxygen-containing bleach and enzymes that allow you to remove any types of contaminants.
- Help is used as a stain remover. The composition is sprayed onto polluted areas of the carpet, after which it is rubbed with a sponge. During the work with this substance it is recommended to use gloves, and also to well ventilate the room.
- To get rid of persistent and old stains on the carpet, use a special soap Antipyatin. Wet the stain thoroughly with a damp piece and then wash it off with water. Vanish active foam has a similar effect. With it, you can freshen carpets, depriving them of unpleasant odors.
- For the destruction of fresh stains, Vanish spray is suitable. It is sprayed onto surfaces free from dust, and after the time specified in the instructions, rub the dirt with a soft brush.
Even caring for the carpet is no guarantee that odors will not appear. These tips will help get rid of them quickly and efficiently. But before using any means it is worth testing their action on an imperceptible area of the product.